March of Remembrance & March of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March of Remembrance & March of Life

A discussion board for people who support the March of Remembrance and March of Life.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was there!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I was there! Empty I was there! Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

If you were at any of the Marches of Life or the March of Remembrance, please tell us your impressions of what happened.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://marchofremembrance.forumotion.com

2I was there! Empty Re: I was there! Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Ted Pearce

Though TOS had done the prayer walk from Berlin to Moscow in 1993, this was the first "March of Life" to break the silence of anti-semitism going from the Tubingen area to Dachau (near Munich) covering a distance of about 180 miles.

There were about 350 people who walked together including special guests Rose Price and Peter Loth, both holocaust survivors. There were people from Germany, Israel, the USA, North Ireland, Belarus, Ukraine, The Netherlands, England, Hungary, New Zealand, and TEXAS! Wink

I'm sure more nationalities than that were represented but those are the ones I can confirm personally.

The Holy Spirit walked with us across Schwabia and western Bavaria through dozens of small villages along the way. In several of them we held events in public areas and in churches who would sponsor us. Rose Price & Peter Loth would give witness of their tortures in the camps and then testify of where they found healing for the scars of life. The March of Life wanted to bring life and hope to people bound in the silence of fear, pain, or shame.

As we approached the parking lot to Dachua, I remember asking Pastor Jobst Bittner when we might have a prayer walk like this across America.

We asked Rose Price to lead the group into Dachau where she had been liberated after surviving 6 different camps, going in at age 11. After her heart broke into 6 million pieces crying for the first time since the 1940s, her face radiated in joy for the comfort the Lord was giving her to see this new generation of Germans shouting "Nie Weider! (Never Again!)

We officially released a music video on DVD called "The Forgotten People" on this day, Yom HaShoah 2007) at Dachau.

[flash][/flash]

This DVD is included with the CD entitled "For Zion's Sake I Will Not Be Silent". The title song is written by Walter Grund, who was named after his grandfather, a Lieutenant in the Third Reich.

As Yom HaShoah came to an end, I wondered if we had made a dent at all in the climate of Germany. But really these "small" people were just doing what the Lord asked of them so it was up to Him what the results would be since they had been obedient.

It didn't take long to find out as it multiplied into the March of Life II in east Germany.

3I was there! Empty 1st March Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:06 am

waltergrund

I've been there!
Thanks to the research of some peaople (including my wife) we found out about concentration camps right next door where we live. Also, as we started o dig into these topics, the holy spirit started to unveil iniquity in our own lifes.

WG

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum